Research Assistant – Cell Sciences and Nanotechnology
Tecrea Ltd; www.tecrea.com
Position: Research Assistant Full Time – initially on a 12-month contract, starting as soon as possible.
Location: London, United Kingdom -– London Bioscience Innovation Centre. NW1 ONH
Full time, fixed term contract, £23-28k/yr
Tecrea is an up and coming Biotechnology company focused on the use of nanotechnology to enhance the delivery of biologics and drugs into cells and tissues. Our technology is used in many laboratories worldwide and has advanced to clinical trials. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can work independently with a real passion for science and innovation.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Cell culture using good aseptic techniques – feeding, freezing, thawing, transfection and harvesting cell lines
- Prepare reagents for cell biology, molecular biology and biochemical analysis
- Cell culture analysis and fluorescent microscopy
- Reagent and drug formulation, including nanoparticle analysis using eg. Dynamic Light Scattering
- Maintain and complete laboratory notebook
- Assist with ISO9001 processes
- Deliver regular project reports to Supervisor and Manager
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with management and staff members and industrial and academic partners.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory information; perform company data entry in a conscientious manner. Organize and plan oneself in a reliable and consistent manner.
Minimum Education/Training Experience:
- S. or MS in the Biological Sciences or chemistry
- Knowledge of cell culture procedures and microbiological principle of contamination
- Good grasp of basic laboratory skills, data analysis are report writing
- Appreciation of Health and Safety and Quality Management Systems
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org